Thursday 10 November 2011

WHY I SWITCHED TO ING DIRECT CANADA

For years I've have had my bank account with one of the big 5 banks. Over the years I got charged fees for my chequing account for doing simple day-to-day banking transactions and paid high fees for investing in mutual funds.  
I was ignorant and was not aware that there were better banking alternatives, until I found out about ING Direct! I started off by opening a savings account with them. They actually gave me $25 just for signing up for one of their accounts! I was excited because it was the first time a bank actually gave me a freebie, just for being a customer.
Then I decided to take the plunge and open up ING Direct's new Thrive Chequing account and have been very pleased so far! I tested out the account, made sure I can add all my payees, checked how fast my funds are deposited after a transfer from another account (1-2 business days), and tested their free e-mail money transfer. Everything with ING has been smooth so far, that I was happy to say "bye bye bye!" to the big 5 greedy banks!
I no longer have to worry about maintaining a minimum balance in my chequing account. I am no longer limited to 12 transactions a month. Now I have unlimited debit, deposit, withdrawl, bill payment, and transfer transactions with 0 fees. That's right, they don't charge you fees to keep your money with them and pay your bills! They also pay me interest, ok it's not much, but still better than nothing! They also give you two free cheque books (25 each) to start off with and their website is very user-friendly. All to say I am very happy I made the switch to ING.

No comments: